ASSEMBLING YOUR SAXOPHONE
There aren’t many pieces to deal with, so learning to put together your saxophone is relatively simple.
- Place the neck strap around your neck. Make sure your strap fits well.
- Grease the cork with your cork grease and then put the mouthpiece onto the gooseneck.
- Place the flat side of the reed on the mouthpiece and then carefully slide the ligature over the top and tighten.
- Twist the gooseneck onto body, then tighten the neck screw.
- Clip your strap onto the neck strap ring. Always support the weight of your saxophone from the bell – never hold it from the gooseneck and never let it swing from the strap!
THE SOUNDS OF THE SAXOPHONE
From Mussorgsky to Rachmaninoff, Coltrane to Stan Getz, the saxophone is a unique instrument. It was a late addition to the family of acoustic instruments, finding it’s most soulful sounds in the world of jazz and popular American music. The saxophone has chameleon-like qualities, making it not only versatile but intrinsic to popular and contemporary music.
HELPFUL VIDEOS AND TUTORIALS
We also have our own YouTube Channel, where you can find a collection of useful videos and tutorials.